Teeccino Maya Chai Pumpkin Pie
Enjoy this delish holiday dessert recipe from our friends at Teeccino inspired by their Maya line of fabulous caffeine-free herbal coffees. If you want to get rave reviews about your pumpkin pie, Maya Chai is your secret ingredient. The magic is achieved by steeping Maya Chai in hot cream or Silk Non-Dairy Creamer and letting its fabulous spicy flavor infuse its aromatic richness into the cream.
The entire line of Teeccino herbal coffees (now, also available in tea bags) are a positive, healthy alternative to caffeine products that give their lift by being rich in potassium, and also have the added benefit of containing inulin, a prebiotic that keeps the digestive tract healthy and balanced. Teeccino can be found on line (teeccino.com) or at your local health food store.
Eat, drink and be healthy this holiday season!
- 1 unbaked 12 inch pie shell
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin purée
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or Silk non-dairy coffee creamer
- 2 tbsp Maya Chai Teeccino Caffeine Free Herbal Coffee grounds
- Pre-heat oven to 375
- In a small sauce pan, heat cream (or non-dairy creamer) with Teeccino grounds and steep 20 minutes. Strain mixture and cool completely
- Combine purée with all of the other ingredients and stir until well blended
- Pour mixture into the pie shell and bake until the crust is lightly browned and the filling is set, about 50-55 minutes
- Let cool before serving